I simply adore chocolate chip cookies. When I saw that this was the number one rated cookie recipe of all time, I just had to try it! The texture is perfectly soft and it tastes amazing! Great to bake for a big group.
This recipe has earned 4.6/5 stars with over 7500 reviews.
prep: 15 minutes
cook: 10 minutes
makes 6 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- If you have time (this is optional), refrigerate for 15-30 minutes to allow the dough to slightly harden.
- Use your hands to shape the cookie dough into spheres roughly the size of ping pong balls. This will ensure that you get beautifully thick cookies that look like they came from a bakery.
- Place these cookies onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.
See http://allrecipes.com/recipe/award-winning-soft-chocolate-chip-cookies/ for the original Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe.